Guardian Monitoring Solution
Guardian by JANUS Displays is our real-time on-site system health monitoring system. Guardian assesses a digital signage solution’s overall health, determines problems, recommends solutions, and provides real-time information about the hardware and software that make up your solution.
- Guardian provides you with real-time information about the overall health of the hardware and software that make up your JANUS Displays digital signage solution.
- Guardian helps monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve issues – often before they actually become critical – 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- You retain access to our world-class technical support, but Guardian extends our ability to identify and resolve issues quickly and efficiently. In fact, our technicians can monitor a system’s overall health and often respond to and resolve issues before they’re noticeable on site.
Here’s how it works:
- We install the JANUS Guardian on all digital signage hardware.
- Guardian runs in the background, and its presence does not affect how the digital signage operates or how it is used.
- Guardian automatically makes available via a web interface information about the digital signage solution, be it one screen or hundreds of screens.
- Guardian collects, manages, and analyzes this system-related data and information and sends alerts about potential issues before they negatively affect your system. These potential issues can include hardware and software issues, such as network and wireless issues, events interface issues, etc.
- While Guardian cannot detect all types of malware that may make its way onto a digital signage solution, it can collect key signatures that point to the existence of malware, such as high CPU or RAM usage. Having this information can help detect this malware before it corrupts and destroys a system.
- If you want Guardian to monitor the status of non-JANUS hardware or software, we can configure it to do so.
Guardian provides a host of critical performance statistics/analytics, including:
- Hard Drive Usage
- Memory Usage
- CPU Usage
- Network Latency
- Hardware Temperature
- Online/Offline Status
- JANUS System Uptime
- JANUS Software and Service Status
- Network and Wireless Issues
- Events Interface Issues
Easy-to-Use Web Interface
- While the interface and data presentation is sophisticated and visually stunning, it also is fundamentally an easy-to-use, highly interactive service that allows you to instantly view and work with information about your system’s health, without placing additional work on your I.T. resources.
- To view information about the health of your system, you will login via a web portal. We can customize this portal to allow only one person to access the information or to allow multiple people to access the information.
- If Guardian detects an issue, it automatically sends an e-mail about the issue as well as a list of possible solutions. Once the issue is resolved, Guardian sends a follow-up email indicating that the issue is resolved.
- You can view information about your system’s health status at any time via the portal. You can tailor your view to cover specific periods of time (from one day to several days – up to the preceding 30 days).
- Guardian e-mails monthly reports about your system’s health status.
In many ways, Guardian helps extend the capacity of your staff, due to its ability to diagnose and suggest potential fixes for issues. This single, clear view of a system’s health literally puts data about your digital signage solution at your fingertips.
- Guardian needs Windows 7 or higher, .Net framework of 4.5 or higher, and Internet access on at least one device to take advantage of Guardian.
- Guardian also works with any version of our VIZIA or VIZIA Interactive software. You do not need to upgrade existing JANUS software to use Guardian. We designed and developed it to be backward compatible.
Your IT Team Will Love Guardian
- Guardian is secure. All reporting data is outbound network traffic; Guardian does not open any type of access for inbound hacking or access. You won’t need to set up special exceptions or make firewall rules in order for it to effectively operate and provide you with information.
- Guardian is convenient. It gives you one place to see the status of your whole digital signage solution. If you manage multiple locations, you can view data from each of the locations via the web portal, as long as the locations meet the operating requirements.
- Guardian is fast. It provides real-time alerts, which helps to resolve issues before they become noticeable or critical.
- Guardian is proactive. When sending real-time alerts, it provides information about what may be causing an issue as well as suggestions for how to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.
- Guardian installation is easy. It is simple to roll out to existing customers as well as include for new customers. Guardian runs in the background, and its presence does not affect how the digital signage operates or how it is used.
- Guardian is accessible. You can monitor your system from anywhere in the world, as long as you have access to the Internet.
Customers who do not have a cloud-based server can take advantage of everything Guardian offers via Guardian Relay.
- Guardian Relay is perfect for sites that have Internet-restricted environments. It is simple to roll out to existing customers as well as include for new customers. Guardian Relay runs in the background, and its presence does not affect how the digital signage operates or how it is used.
- An on-site server or computer must have Internet access, but controllers do not need Internet access.
- The on-site server or computer will collect performance data from the signage controllers and provide system information via a web interface. You can access this web interface from anywhere in the world, as long as you have access to the Internet.
- Guardian Relay is as fast as Guardian. Its real-time alerts help to resolve issues before they become noticeable or critical. And, as with Guardian, alerts include information about what may be causing an issue as well as suggestions for how to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.
You trust us to provide you with a high-quality, dazzling digital signage solution, and around-the-clock customer support. Guardian lets us expand on the customer service we’re known for, take care of your solutions, and provide you with peace of mind because you and your solution are in good hands.
Headquartered in Florida and Serving Clients Around the World
Visit our showroom at 12000 28th Street North, St. Petersburg, FL 33716 or call us anytime at 727.531.4000.